Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wit: My Husband's Keen Sense Of It

I have to agree with Patrick that the Golden Globes were slightly less than spectacular. There weren't any real surprises.

I've always enjoyed the Golden Globes because it moves along and the actors are given a little more time to be creative and entertaining - whether scripted or not. It also helps that most of them are knockin' back the vino with gusto. The Oscars, being the creme de la creme, should allow its recipients more time to bask. Way too much time is devoted to montages and bits. I think my favorite moment of the evening was after Hugh Laurie accepted his award, immediately following Geena Davis' win, and my husband said:

"Who ever would have thought that Stuart Little's parents would win back-to-back Best Acting awards for a dramatic series?"

Who indeed? I love that my husband loves movies.

Yesterday, I did something that I haven't done in 20 years. I had braces put on my teeth. Let me tell you something. They freakin' hurt! There's a vicious wire that needs to be covered with wax to protect my cheek and everything aches. So, when I returned from the orthodontist, the phone rang. It was my husband, who asked:

"Do you sound like Jack-Jack's babysitter from The Incredibles?"

I clenched my aching teeth and smiled. Yes, I love that my husband loves movies.

2 comments:

Robert Hogan said...

Just wanted to post a quick thanks for the link. I hope things went well with the investor this afternoon.

I'm on my way to CT this weekend (putting together a short film) so I hope the weather stays nice.

Rob

Writeprocrastinator said...

I feel for you about the braces. A woman at work finally decided to have hers done and she winces every other minute.

I have to get my lower teeth done as well, I have two middle teeth doing impressions of Enron executives.