Thursday, January 12, 2006

Meme Addendum (Say That 10x Fast!)

I thought of a film that I would love to be involved in the remake of... The Little Prince. I read that book for the first time when I was 10 years old and it has been my favorite book ever since. Fortunately I read the book first as I later had occasion to see the film, which featured Bob Fosse, Gene Wilder and Donna McKechnie. I remember being very disappointed with the film. When I read the book, there was something tragically beautiful about it that was missing in its celluloid incarnation.

The BBC did a production based on Rachel Portman's opera and it was quite well received. I believe, though, I read that there is either a feature or a Broadway musical in the works for this one, too.

As Antoine de Saint-Exupéry would say, "C'est domage!" Or, if he were in a worse mood, "Merde!"

No comments: