Thursday, January 05, 2006

Peace Is Finally Settling In

OK... Day 2. I have returned. This is a good sign.

To be honest the past couple of days have been largely spent recovering from the holidays. I have come to realize that if I don't get my alone time that I am a very grumpy person. While I loved spending time with the kids and the dogs and the company, I was grateful for Tuesday morning's silence. I was actually humming "Enjoy The Silence" in my head and thinking that might be a good addition to the film's soundtrack. I promptly went to iTunes and downloaded a couple of versions.

I did watch the first half of Quagmire, a documentary about The Milk Can, one of the features that was being shown at the Bethel Film Festival. It was very interesting and entertaining to listen to the cast and crew reflect on the project. Don't know if The Milk Can completely burned out the film's writer/producer/director, Matt Kresling, or not. He has a few editing credits on IMDb but The Milk Can is the last credit listed. So who knows?

Ashley dropped off the books from dad and I began to peruse them. Billy and I started to watch Coach Carter and, neither one of us being fully intrigued, decided to send it back to Netflix. We also sent back Eternal Sunshine on the Spotless Mind. I'm glad that I saw it but it was a little too quirky for my taste. Glad that we were able to clean the disk so that we could watch the last 15 minutes because it did give us closure.

Clearly the very first major step for me is to revise the screenplay. I am going to try to keep to my schedule and spend at least 3 hours writing today. I downloaded a text version of the first draft so that I can work on it on either PC. It's a PITA not to have Final Draft on all the PCs. Yet ANOTHER thing to add to the list! But we'll get there...

Other news... The Bethel Cinema was sold to two investors, one of whom is a married mother of three with a Masters in Marketing. According to the News-Times, she is just learning the ropes and is currently not planning to make any changes. The article also mentioned the Bethel Film Festival and that Tom Carruthers is hoping to work with the cinema to continue to offer the festival to area filmmakers and indie fans. I am glad to see that future festivals are being planned, despite the recent and tragic passing of one of its co-founders, Peter Howland.

I don't think I am able to post documents to this blog, so if you are interested in reading a copy of the first draft of the screenplay, send me an e-mail and I'll forward a copy along.

A bientôt.

1 comment:

Fun Joel said...

Welcome (back) to the Scribosphere!