Monday, January 09, 2006

Weekends

I now know that it is going to be hit or miss as to whether or not I will be able to blog/write over the weekend. This is clearly indicated by the absence of an entry for Sunday. I did, however, get read some blogs to get an idea of what is out there. All I have to say is - the "Scribosphere" is a wonderful place. I almost feel like I did the first time I logged on to the Internet. Almost.

Writing is in my blood. Theatre is in my blood. Film is in my blood.

This is what I'm meant to do.

I know this for certain because of the feeling I got when I was reading an e-mail from my sister-in-law. It was one of those "Getting To Know You" cut, paste, revise & forward e-mails. One of the questions on this version was "What is your current job?" I recall the deep, cavernous feeling I got when I looked at her entry in B&W on the screen: "Writer/Photographer." It made me a bit sad that the golden handcuffs of my Business Analyst position keep me where I am. My financial and family commitments require me to endure corporate hell. I do know that it will be a fabulous day when I can answer that question: "Writer/Filmmaker." Simply fabulous!

Admittedly, I am a bit green with envy when I read all of those stories about people that gave up their corporate jobs to enter the world of screenwriting. I'm also amazed by the number of people who left NY for LA. I've never been to LA and wonder if I would like it. I love NY. It has been within commutable distance for me for roughly 20 years. Of course, having the theatre background makes NY all the more magical for me. Hollywood has film. So maybe Hollywood is my oyster. Maybe when it opens up for me, there will be a pearl inside.

Maybe.

1 comment:

MaryAn Batchellor said...

Hope Hollywood is your oyster. Meanwhile, don't be too envious of people who gave up corporate jobs to write. Some of us stand in line at soup kitchens!