Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Talk O'Texas


Weeks that are largely consumed by the day job are never fun. They basically throw my whole routine out of whack and leave little time for things that I truly enjoy. In this particular instance, the enjoyment that I am sacrificing is the time and inspiration required for a proper blog post.

So, I guess that makes this an improper blog post. Cool.

What's up, you may ask, with the photo of a jar of okra pickles? As a self-proclaimed foodie, I feel it is time that okra is given its fair shake. Okra is not just a slimy thickening agent found in gumbo. Nor is it relegated strictly to its role as a deep-fried side dish at Cracker Barrel. No! The best way to consume your okra is pickled! Trust me! If you occasionally fancy a kosher dill or have been known to polish off a half jar of pepperoncini, then give pickled okra a try! You'll thank me.

But, really, it's not just about the okra... It's about Texas. Or, more appropriately, the talk of it. Besides pickled okra, Texas has something else to talk about and his name is Matt Hinkley. This multi-talented individual, frequently seen performing about town with Joe Iconis, will be releasing his debut solo album on March 19th. So, this is your mission, should you choose to accept it: Listen to his tunes. Become a fan. Go see him perform live at Crash Mansion on February 25th. Go to the record release show at The Bitter End on March 19th and buy the CD. Simple, right? So do it. You'll thank me for that, too.

That's all. I appreciate your time. And I believe it is now time for a pickle.

1 comment:

Esther said...

I don't believe I've ever eaten okra, pickled or otherwise. But the jar is very cool! I did eat grits once. Does that count for anything?