Saturday, December 06, 2008

Two Videos You Must See!

OK – November was a busy month. And I lived through it. December is busy, too. A different kind of busy but busy nonetheless. Now I’m just seeing how many times I can used the word busy in one paragraph. Ooops! I did it again!

So basically that is why posts have been sparse. I’ve been busy. But not so much that I am not able to spend a few moments to share two am-AH-zing videos with you. The first is a star-studded musical video,
Proposition 8 – The Musical, in response to the embarrassing and hateful gay marriage vote in California. I now have one more reason to love Allison Janney and dear ol’ Doogie himself, Neil Patrick Harris. Also featured are Jack Black as Jesus Christ and Sarah Chalke, Margaret Cho, Barrett Foa, Nicole Parker, John C. Reilly, Andy Richter, Maya Rudolph and Kathy Najimy. It is fucking brilliant!

And a shout-out to the incredibly awesome
Lin-Manuel Miranda and the cast and crew of In The Heights. The video speaks for itself.



Yes, Nicholas, there is a Santa Claus. And he owns a bodega in Washington Heights.

Click here to read the whole story behind 10-year-old Nicholas Dayton and his YouTube video that earned him the chance to perform the Finale with Lin and the entire cast and crew in between a matinee and evening performance. Nicholas’ performances sort of remind me of that time when, with Fireside Theatre script in hand and my OBC LP spinning on the ol’ Fisher Price, I acted and sang the entire production of Pippin in my bedroom. If only they had computers with cameras then. No wait, perhaps not.

So enjoy those little video treats while work on my Top 5 Lists for 2008, which will include Top 5 Shows, Top 5 Performances, Top 5 Discoveries and Top 5 Videos. I might also ruminate on the Top 5 Posts and/or Keywords from my blog.
But that all depends on how busy I get.

1 comment:

Esther said...

Awww, thanks for posting the In the Heights video. I hadn't seen it yet. The whole story made me cry. It's so sweet. I really do love that musical. It's one I'd love to go back and see again. I didn't have a chance to go to the stage door when I saw it, so on my trip to New York last month, I went back to the theatre, got a Playbill from a very nice usher, and managed to get it signed by the whole cast. They were great!