Saturday, November 20, 2010

Check Out The Paving on the Road to Hell!

OK. I had a week where I did a couple of posts. Then I vanished into the thin air of the blogosphere. I guess you are going to have to take what you get and not get upset. I truly am striving to write more and more often. But I'm a busy gal.

Since I last wrote, here are a few of things that I would have blogged about individually: we had to put our dog Shakespeare to sleep, the family saw Elf on Broadway, I produced a concert at The Palace (Gaby Alter and Sophie Jaff's Not That We're Bitter) and I celebrated my 2 year anniversary of being diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.

Actually, since I have your attention, I wouldn't mind if you took a minute to check out this American Diabetes Month PSA.


You may not have known I had diabetes, it's that silent a disease. But to the one diagnosed with it, trust me, it screams. That shrill constant reminder to check your sugar, give yourself insulin and be aware of potential complications. It is precisely for this reason that you see me accomplishing so much in my life. It is because I live in constant fear that there will be no tomorrow. So in a way, my diabetes makes me live harder. And for that, I am oddly thankful.

In fact, those who know me, I don't live any harder than when I'm in the theatre. The theatre, my sanctuary. Tomorrow is the first day of auditions for a production of Parade that I am directing in Ridgefield, CT. This show is so seldom done and I am blessed to be at the of helm this powerful and important production. Take a glimpse of what will be coming to Connecticut in March 2011.



So if you are wondering as you wander by this little page of mine why there hasn't been an update, it is most likely because I have rehearsal. And to say that phrase, "I can't, I have rehearsal," is to utter what I believe are some of the most beautiful words in the English language.

=================================

No comments: