Saturday, January 07, 2006

Little Bunny Foo Foo

How sad is it that I have never heard this song until I was in my mid-thirties? My daughters love it when my husband sings (and sometimes dances to) this song. I overheard it one night and was disturbed to hear of a rabbit bouncing through the forest pummeling innocent field mice. He said that it was a song that he grew up with.

Tonight, he was singing karaoke with the girls and, lo and behold, "Little Bunny Foo Foo" was a selection. He was happy that he got the lyrics right, happier still that it proved he didn't make up the song and, finally, disappointed that they didn't do the punchline/moral: "Hare today, goon tomorrow!"

Did I lead that deprived a childhood?

Just a random thought... Asta la pasta (off to an Italian bistro for din din with my DH)!

No comments: