Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Back To Work

Well, my sabbatical has ended much too quickly and the nose is back to the grindstone. It will be good to get back into the routine of things, I suppose. Overworked and underpaid is better than no work and no pay. I wasn't able to cross half as many things off the "to do" list as I had wanted and that irks me a bit. I feel like I should have added a few extra days. Oh, well. C'est la vie.

I was able to get some work done on the screenplay/film project but not half as much as I had hoped. I will probably make that my project for the Screenwriting Fortnight - to complete the rewrite. If I have the script completed by the end of February it will be a very good thing. Maybe I'll take a couple of days off around that time...

I have also made a very big step this week. I did something that could potentially alter my life as I live it now. I am abandoning all things familiar and taking a big bite out of a Macintosh Apple. Yes, it's true! The Dempster household will now be bicomputer - PC and Mac! We ordered the new iMac with the Intel Core Due processor, which apparently is a big thing. For me, as long as it's fast and I can write and edit my films on it, I will be happier than a pig in poop. Unfortunately, Final Cut Studio won't be available for it until Spring but it will take me that long to discover everything else that's included on it. I am sooooo excited!

OK - time to punch in... Stay tuned, there is more to come.

Asta!

2 comments:

Adam Renfro said...

I admire that the PC and Mac can work together. Just don't let them marry.

George Bush, Jr.

Adam Renfro said...

Wait, even in a satirical way, that didn't make sense. So let me apologize to PC users, Mac users, people who've been told they can't marry, Harvest Home, blogger.com, and, yes, even to GWB, Jr.

I'm retreating to the Cone of Safety to work on my satire.