Thursday, February 19, 2009

Stop the Breaking of 36,000+ Hearts

Ken Starr - and the Prop 8 Legal Defense Fund - are attempting for forcibly divorce 18,000 same-sex couples that were married in California last year. The Supreme Court will be hearing arguments in this case on March 5th, with a decision expected within 90 days.

How I feel about Prop 8 is no secret. I have many gay friends - some of whom are married, some of whom are parents, all of whom have the capacity to love and care as passionately and devotedly as any heterosexual couple I know.

I urge you to watch this video, created by The Courage Campaign with the support of musician Regina Spektor. Then go to www.couragecampaign.org/divorce and join the 300,000+ people that have signed the letter to the Supreme Court asking them to invalidate Prop 8 and reject Starr's case.



This is important. Important to me. And important to so many that are important to me.




===========================

No comments: