Sunday, September 09, 2007

A Great Local Theatre Resource

I am very excited to let you all know about one of the new projects that I am involved with. After over a decade of involvement in Connecticut theatre, I (among others) have recognized the need for a single source of information for theatres and theatrical artists in our fair state. There are several great resources out there, mind you, be we felt there could be so much more. About a year ago, I stumbled upon The Connecticut Callboard and, as it would happen, its editor Sean had a similar vision. When poking around the site, I noticed that most of the information was very Litchfield County-heavy. So, instead of reinventing the wheel for Fairfield County, I reached out to Sean and asked him what he thought about joining forces. Apparently, he thought it was a good idea, because I am now a contributing editor.

So what does that mean? It means that I now have a new blog, Page2Stage (and back again), over at The Connecticut Callboard where I can pontificate about all things theatrical. Those who know me, know that sharing my opinions is something I'm always happy to do. Furthermore, I will be leveraging my professional database marketing experience to help to make the site even more robust than it is (and I have to say, it's pretty damn good!). I expect great things from this site in the next few months and truly believe that it has a future as the single online source of information for theatre artists in Connecticut.

If you are involved in or appreciate theatre in any way, I urge you to wander over to The Connecticut Callboard. Take a few minutes to register/subscribe and you will find, at your fingertips, a compendium of information related to Connecticut community theatre including audition & show details, discussion forums, reference materials and more!

And tell 'em Alicia sent ya! :)

No comments: